So what does it do? Simply put, MailChimp User Sync will keep an eye on all of your WordPress users and synchronize changes with the MailChimp list you selected in the plugin settings.
MailChimp User Sync at a glance
Here’s a few of the features..
- Automatically subscribe new users to your MailChimp list when they register.
- Sync all profile changes with MailChimp, even when a user’s email address changes.
- When a user is deleted, unsubscribe the MailChimp subscriber as well.
- Synchronize all user roles or a specific one, eg all users with the “customer” role.
- Synchronize all existing users
- Choose whether you want to use double opt-in and send a welcome email to new subscribers.
- Use WP CLI commands to synchronize a large amount of WordPress users at once.
Configuring User Sync
After installing & activating the plugin, you should have a new menu item under MailChimp for WordPress > User Sync. Clicking that item should take you to a page where you can configure various settings.
- The MailChimp list to subscribe users to
- The user roles to subscribe
- Which user fields belong to which MailChimp fields
- Enable auto-syncing?
After choosing a list and saving your settings, a status overview should appear at the bottom of the page. There, you can also choose to subscribe all of your existing users with the given role.
The first setting controls whether you want to enable auto-syncing. With this setting enabled, the following events will trigger a sync with MailChimp.
- A new user is added to your site
- A user profile is updated
- A user is deleted from your site
Two way synchronizing
If you want to enable 2-way syncing then you will have to configure a webhook in your MailChimp account. The linked article should be of help there.